Wednesday 20 November 2013

a storm in an a cup

I went bra shopping today. Who would of thought buying a bra when you're flat chested would be so bloody difficult?! Well I tell you it is! Flipping hard. There are choices galore for huge baps, with cups as big as hats, but ask for the small breasted selection and pfft! Nothing. Do all women have massive tits nowadays? Is everyone a D or an E? Even the A cups are designed for full, pert, round hooters! 

Maybe I should start designing bras for women who only have skin to hold up! The 'I breast fed my knockers away to nothing but skin and just need something to hide my sticky-outy nipples' section.

I spent over two hours trying on bras and eventually came away with two black training bras! One cotton and one lace. Designed for Tweens! How sad is that? 
 
I'm just sick of wearing uncomfortable padding. I feel like I'm taking off a pair of fake tits everytime I take off my bra. And they are so uncomfortable! I'm happy to be bra-less most of the time, but there are occasions when, as a 40-year-old mother of two, it's just not an appropriate look.

 
Yes I could of choosen one of those horrible nylon bras that look like a pair of tights (or pantyhose). Ugly as fk. Or just bought yet another pretty A cup that does nothing at all other than remind me that I have 'no filling' for the cups! But that's crap! Really, is it too much to ask for a reasonably priced, pretty, lacy, simple, comfortable, non-under wired bra that is for a flat chest? Ugh. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and get implants...

The cotton one


The lacy one

2 comments:

  1. I HATE bra shopping! i have so few and really need to deal with it but I just find it so depressing. Like you i am an A-cup, and i loathe heavily padded bras. Unless they are well made and a good shape (so few are) they rarely look natural. I don't like lace that looks lumpy under clothes. The padding makes them so hot in summer. I don't want cleavedge, once the bras off you're just flat anyway so what's the point in pretending?
    Don't get implants! I really don't want to go down that path like there is something wrong with me. and when so many woman face breast cancer and possible reconstructions it seems crazy to mess with healthy boobs.

    ReplyDelete