Tuesday 3 September 2013

tidy shoes, tidy mind

In preparation for my new Christian Louboutin Pigalle 120s. My dream heels, my wonderful birthday present (from my lovely friends), the absolute ultimate shoe (which are still in transit from Hong Kong... the wait is slowly killing my I can tell you! It's like waiting for an adopted baby that I've yearned for so long). My dear husband suggested tidying up my shoe area... They were encroaching on Mr S's space and I have to admit, my heels were getting a little rammed in and messy. So the other night, I went up to our bedroom to discover new shoe racks! Yay! Plenty of room for shoes any maybe more shoes!  Umm, or so I thought...

So where to begin?!  I had to pull all my shoes out, then... well, then I just sat there admiring them all, surrounded by my beauties, trying them all on again.  And I realised this would be no easy task. It would take me ages. And it did. Not because I have too many pairs (you can never have too many pairs of shoes!), just because I had to try and put them in some kind of order and ranking, and of course reminisce about each pairs story. The thrill and excitement of the purchase and then the good times shared...

I finally did it. The result is a nice neat, orderly wardrobe. But, I literally have no free space for more! Ugh. And my knee high boots are still up on another shelf and day to day casual shoes are still downstairs in a different shoe rack.  And where are my Louboutin's going to go? Maybe I'll just keep them by my bed, so I can look at them and touch them. Yes, I think they'll need a special place all of their own.


Before.  A floor full of shoes...
After. Nice and tidy, but no free space for more shoes!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment