Monday 16 April 2012

cook 'from the heart'... bollocks

Caroline Trentini for Vogue 2008.  That's how I feel too love...



















Am I honestly the only woman in the world who hates cooking?  Or are there others like me, who spots a double oven, or even worse a range, and inwardly shudders (and not in a good way)? God, it's just so boring and such a chore.

If I was to pick something I resented, about being a 'mother and wife', a symbol - it has to be the cooker. 

Other things don't bother me, which is why I don't have a cleaner. 

The kitchen sink? It's fine, in fact, I think I am the only person in the western world who doesn't own a dishwasher, because when I did have one, I didn't use it. And, I kind of like rubber gloves...

Vacuum cleaner? That's fine too. I insist on clean floors. No dirty shoes in my house.

The iron.  Okay I admit I hate this one. I should pay someone to do this, but if I play loud music while ironing my beloveds shirts it's not too bad.

Marriage. I love being married (no I don't feel like I have lost my identity or 'power') and want to put the effort in.

Anyway, I've gone off track.  Cooking.  Ugh.  If I was rich enough I'd have a personal chef.  Or just eat out five nights of the week.  I do not 'cook from the heart' for my family.  I do not get pleasure from seeing them eat something I've spent hours over. The weekly food shop is so tedious I turn into a zombie and end up buying the same things. And I am not opposed to using instant potato (in fact I like the taste, especially smothered in grilled cheese - quick and delicious!), and I want to nod off just looking at a recipe...

Oh flip.  I just need to stop thinking about it.  It's only six hours until I have to look in the cupboard and russle somehting up again...  Time to look at some more shoes!


What a nightmare!

No comments:

Post a Comment